Ölüdeniz ERA Camp 2023
29 December 2023 – 09 January 2024
New Year’s running camp in Turkey. New Year celebration in great company.
Mountains. Sea. Baklava.
Turkey is beautiful and diverse country, and it is the best place for the celebration of New Year near the sea. The New Year’s running camp hold by ERA.RUN club will take place from December 29, 2023 to January 9, 2024 in the village of Oludeniz near Fethiye (Turkey), at the junction of the Aegean and Mediterranean seas.
Therefore, we invite runners to the New Year’s training camp – Oludeniz ERA Camp 2023 – 2024!
December 29, 2023 – January 9, 2024. Early check-in and late check-out are at the participants’ wish.
You can join the running camp for trailrunners in Oludeniz for any number of days.
It is about 6 km to the north from Oludeniz to Fethiye, 4.5 km to the south – to get to the sea. A dirt road and trail lead to the peak of Babadag (1969 m), about 11 km route.
The wooded mountains around Oludeniz are covered with a network of dirt roads and trails – a variety of routes is guaranteed.
The weather at the end of December – beginning of January is cool (daytime maximum 15-17C, in the mornings it can be 5-6C), at the same time the maximum rainfall occurs (on average ⅓ days with precipitation, 156 mm falls per month).
Logistics at Oludeniz ERA Camp 2023 – 2024:
You can get to Oludeniz from Antalya Airport Antalya (AYT), then by bus or taxi (3.5 hours). Or from Dalaman Airport (DLM), than 1 hour by bus.
Oludeniz is small, you can walk from end to end in half an hour.
The organizers (Alexander Elkonin and Olga Klenovskaya) live at Kocapınar Cd. 52, this is the central part of the village, 400 m from the main street (for sure, Ataturk Street).
It makes sense for participants to look for accommodation nearby.
Accommodation and meals in Oludeniz:
As participants join the running camp on the dates convenient to them, they organise accommodation and meals themselves according to their own level of comfort. We recommend to sportsmen to book accommodation near the coach’s apartment (address: Kocapınar Cd. 52, Oludeniz, Turkey ). To find accommodation, you can use the web sites https://www.agoda.com/ru-ru/, https://ostrovok.ru, https://www.hotels.com/, https://level.travel/, https://www.airbnb.ru, https://www.booking.com
Training Program of the running camp in Oludeniz –
Oludeniz ERA Camp 2023 – 2024:
● Two training sessions per day: morning «main training» 2-4 hours, and evening «recovery» 1-1.5 hours.
● Shifting of long-term steady workload of different intensity, interval works, technical exercises on uphills and downhills (the exact plan of excercises the coach will compose depending on the level of training participants)
● Improvement of of running technique uphill and downhill in technically difficult mountain areas. The skills which trailrunners will acquire at the training camp will help to confidently distribute power on the mooving up, so that you can quickly, easily and safely run on long runs down.
● Development of endurance and strength, necessary as a foundation for preparation for future starts.
● Lectures on relevant topics (sports physiology, theory and practice of building of a training process, features of preparation for trails, selection of equipment for training and competitions, tactics of passing the race, nutrition at the distance, etc.) in the evenings.
● Organizers Alexander Elkonin and Olga Klenovskaya speak fluent Russian and English.
Preliminary schedule of running camp (morning trainings):
29.12.2023 (Friday) – Running walk around the surrounding area, 8-10 km, +100 m
30.12.2023 (Saturday) – Cross with small uphills (Oludeniz-Kayakoy) 13-17 km, +200+300 m
31.12.2023 (Sunday) – Running walk through the mountains to the sea (and back?) 6 km, +100, -440 m. New Year’s celebration.
01.01.2024 (Monday) – New Year’s walk around the neighborhood (depending on the condition and mood of the participants)
02.01.2024 (Tuesday) – Interval run uphill (at Babadag mountain) 8-16 km, +400+800 m
03.01.2024 (Wednesday) – Long training with some uphills (Lycian Way) 15-17 km, +700 m
04.01.2024 (Thursday) – Uphill and downhill run (at Babadag mountain) 8-12 km, +300+500 m
05.01.2023 (Friday) – Cross with little relief (Oludeniz-Kayakoy) 13-17 km, +200+300 m
06.01.2024 (Saturday) – Climbing to Mount Babadag (1916 m) 24-25 km, +1700 mm
07.01.2024 (Sunday) – Light run – a walk around the neighborhood
08.01.2024 (Monday) – Cross with little relief (Oludeniz-Kayakoy) 13-17 km, +200+300 m
09.01.2024 (Tuesday) – Camp wrap up
Evening training – walks or light runs in the surrounding area, general phisical exercises. If the morning training is more than 20 km, the evening training may be cancelled.
The current plan of running camp is preliminary and can be changed due to the specific circumstances of the event: weather, state of participants, agricultural, holiday and other activity of the local habitants, etc.
Mandatory equipment for participants of the training camp:
- Running clothes for expected weather (0 to + 25), 2 sets; at least 1 set of long sleeves + long taits
- Membrane jacket (rain passing into snow and back is possible in the mountains)
- Membrane pants
- Gloves or mittens
- Hat or Buff
- Cap or visor
- Running shoes 2 pairs
- Socks 2-3 pair
- Sport underwear
- Running backpack/waistcoat with hydrator or soft bottles (1 l minimum)
- Survival blanket
- Running/trekking sticks
- Sports watch with navigation or watch + navigator
- Spare batteries, power bank, etc.
- Casual clothes/shoes by weather
- Sun cream SPF30+
- Sunglasses (to protect from the sun and sand dust)
40 euro for 1 training day in the running camp. For athletes who train with Alexander Elkonin, a 10% discount. Registration fee covers the work of the coach, including:
- Preparation and correction of the plan of running training;
- Distribution of workloads according to the goals and capabilities of participants;
- Route development and guidance on the route;
- Improvement of the running technique uphill and downhill in technically difficult areas, practice of the skills of moving with sticks;
- Adjustment of smooth running techniques if necessary, transfer it to technically demanding areas;
- Unlimited advice of the running coach Alexander Elkonin;
- A lot of running photos for your social networks.
ERA T-shirt as a gift to those who participate in the camp 3 or more days (when registering for the camp until 21.08.23. Then – T-shirts if available, ERA bandana – guaranteed, because T-shirts are made for us to order).
Accommodation, food and transport (flights and transfers) participants choose for their own taste and pay for themselves.
Conditions of participation:
1. By paying the registration fee, the participant confirms his acceptance that he or she
Got the full info on:
- Programme of stay, route and conditions of the event, including information on living and meal conditions
- On the habits of the local population, on religious ceremonies, sacred sites, natural monuments, history, culture
- Possible risks and their consequences for life and health due to being in the mountainous terrain
Fully and unconditionally undertakes to:
- Follow the coach’s instructions during the active part of the event
- Respect nature, historical monuments, buildings, agricultural buildings, objects of beautification, etc.
- Respect rules and restrictions related to religious and cultural specificities of the region
2. Presentation of a health insurance policy covering the risks of high-dangerous sports for the entire duration of the sports camp.
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; @era_running (telegram); +7 915 760 50 10 (telegram, watsap), +972-53-356-8176 (phone calls)
Thanks for the photo from Oludeniz, Victor Miroshnichenko and Alexander Kryukov!
Do you want to know where we’ve been?
Here are the ERA camp reports (in Russian, but you can see amasing pictures!):